We are delighted to announce that the African Writers Conference this year will take place in the International Conference Centre, in Abuja, Nigeria, on 01 December.
The theme of the 2018 African Writers Conference is:
Re-imagining African Literature: New Voices, New Narratives in the Fight for the Girl Child
The African Writers Conference is an event conceptualized by the African Writers Development Trust aimed at bringing together writers of African descent to a common platform, build bridges for networking, provide opportunities for writers to promote themselves and their work, and sustain a conversation on advancing the collective interests of African writers.
The objectives of the 2018 African Writers Conference are:
- To provide a gateway for continuous engagement and cross-interaction on the issue of the girl child.
- To promote cross-cultural discussion that will lead to the development of literature on the African continent
- To foster mutual understanding for peaceful co-existence
- Develop strategies for the development of the African literary space.
- Identify shared values and how to advance it against our differences.
Date: December 1, 2018
Time: from 9AM
Venue: International Conference Centre, Abuja, Nigeria
You must register. More information about registration can be found on the website: here.
There are hotels around the conference venue and if you would like to be assisted, please send an email to email@example.com
The AW Conference is supported by UNESCO, Writers Guild Kenya, the Association of Nigerian Authors (Abuja Chapter), Poetica Magazine, among others.
Categories: Announcements, News, & Upcoming