You are invited to share your experiences of travelling across Africa for the Visa Free Africa Campaign!
Are you a young African travelling across the continent? Have you experienced any challenges in acquiring a visa to another African country? This could be your chance to have your article published and to win a cash prize of US$1,500! All you need to do is share your experience.
Every year thousands of African youth experience challenges as they travel across the African continent. This often translates to lost opportunities for work, business and leisure because of onerous visa processes. This writing competition is one of the platforms under the #VisaFreeAfrica Campaign that is aimed at putting a face to the large number of young Africans missing out on these opportunities. You are therefore invited to share your story and spread awareness on the need for a #VisaFreeAfrica.
- The contest is open to all African nationals residing in Africa between the ages of 18-35 years.
- The writing style should be narrative non-fiction based on a real-life experience you had while traveling from and to an African country. The story should start from a time when you were denied a Visa or how the process involved in getting a visa cost you an opportunity for study or work.
- The article should be up to 1,000 words
- You can choose to write in English, French Portuguese or Arabic.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 pm (GMT) on 15th April 2019. This is an extended deadline.
Follow this link to submit: http://visafreeafrica.com/Home/WritingCompetition
Tweet #55Voices4VFA @KigaliShapers
Categories: Calls for & opportunities