Call for Submissions
My Africa, My City
Deadline: 30th September 2016
Afridiaspora, a pan-African literary webzine focused on showcasing beautiful African stories written by African writers at home and in the diaspora is pleased to announce a call for submission of our maiden edition of a quarterly anthology. We seek to bring together under an umbrella, amazing works of a particular theme from different parts of Africa.
For our maiden edition, we have chosen the inexhaustible theme of ‘My Africa, My CITY’. We seek stories and arts that showcase the colourful cities of Africa. City could mean several things. From growing up to striking out as an adult, from memories of loss and gain witnessed by high towers and impatient city dwellers to feeling lonely in a sea of people. WHAT IS YOUR AFRICAN CITY STORY?
We call on both seasoned and upcoming writers to submit their original unpublished work based on the theme ‘My Africa, My City’. Please note that you do not have to title your work My Africa, My City but your work can however be titled after a particular city if you so want. This anthology will feature the following genres: Fiction, Creative non-fiction, Poetry and Visual Arts.
Submission for this anthology will be received between 16th of August to 30th of September, 2016. We aim to publish the anthology as a free downloadable e-book by November 2016.
Please note that because this is a non-profitable initiative, we cannot afford to pay our writers.
Please follow the submission guidelines below for submitting for this anthology:
- Submission for this anthology is from 16th of August to 30th of September 2016
- Word count for fiction and non-fiction should not exceed 5000 words. We do not accept book excerpts.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make the subject of your email ‘My Africa, My City Submission’
- Your submission should be a Microsoft word attachment. Do not copy your work in the body of the email and we do not accept PDF.
- Submit a bio of not more than 100 words written in third person and a profile picture with your work.
- Visual art submission should be of high resolution jpeg files and not larger than 5mb. It should also come with a title and the year it was created along with the artist’s bio.
- All submission must be previously unpublished and we do not accept simultaneous submission.
Categories: Calls for & opportunities