Kampala International Theatre Festival
4th edition, 22nd – 26th November 2017
We are excited to announce the 4th edition of the Kampala International Theatre Festival that will take place from 22nd – 26th November 2017 in Kampala, Uganda. Artists from the disciplines of theatre are now invited to submit their applications. Next to full productions we also welcome staged readings or workshop productions. Applications are accepted until 30th June 2017.
You are requested to submit the following information:
- A completed entry form (downloadable here)
- A short biography (max. 800 words) with a recent headshot.
- A one page statement clearly stating why you want to participate in the festival with the production you are proposing.
- A presentation of your work: a copy of the script and a short video of its production if available or any other visuals that speak to your work. Please ensure 2-3 high resolution images and a 1-2 minute video for promotional purposes are included in your submission.
- A technical rider/data sheet that includes everyone expected to participate in the production.
Please email your submission materials to firstname.lastname@example.org 30th June 2017
We will confirm receipt of your submission and assess your application. By the end of August 2017 you will be informed about the status of your application. Please note that we will be offering very limited rehearsal time. Therefore, your production needs to be ready for staging should you be selected to participate in the festival.
What we offer:
- A modest performance fee to participating artists.
- For artists from outside Uganda, ground transportation, modest accommodation and modest per diem. You are encouraged to source for support to cover travel, visa incl. insurance. Artists selected will receive a formal invitation to facilitate the solicitation for such support.
We thank you for your interest in participating in the Kampala International Theatre Festival and look forward to welcoming you to Uganda in November 2017!