CALL FOR PAPERS – Africa Research Day 2014
Deadline: February 3, 2014
The second Africa Research Day will be hosted by the Africa Research Students Network (AfNet) on Monday, March 17, 2014 at University College London. We welcome presentations from PhD students conducting research on Africa or Africa-related themes. Presentations and discussions will be organised into the following thematic panels:
- Governance, Globalisation and Politics: history, statecraft, policy formulation, trade, state-society relations
- Environment and Sustainability: political ecology, natural resource management, local knowledges
- Culture and the Arts: identity, representation, history, cultural and creative industries/practice
- Health and Education: interventions, policy, local experiences, gender
- Peace and Conflict: external interventions, peace-building, post-war recovery
The Research Day is an excellent opportunity for current PhD students to share their research with peers working on similar topics or in similar fields. It will allow participants to share ideas, get feedback on work in progress, and make connections. Presenters will each make a 15-minute presentation followed by 15 minutes of questions and discussion.
Please submit abstracts of up to 300 words, including the title of your presentation and indicating the thematic panel you would like to be considered for. Please also include your full name, institution and email address.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday, February 3, 2014 and presenters will be notified by February 10.
AfNet 2013-2014 Coordinators: ThienVinh Nguyen (UCL), Simi Dosekun (King’s), Robtel Neajai Pailey (SOAS) & Aidan Mosselson (UCL)